Monday, January 14, 2013

My Top 5 Hair Tips

Hey, Beauties! Here are some hair rules I follow on a daily basis. (Note: These are all my unprofessional opinions)




1. Do not apply conditioner to your roots. When you apply conditioner to your roots it causes the hair to have the effect of looking greasy and weighed down. When applying conditioner I take a generous amount and work it into my hair as if I was fixing a ponytail. I start at the nap of my neck and apply the product down the shaft of my hair all the way to the ends, never putting it in my roots. I let it sit for a couple of minutes before I rinse it completely. As a general rule of thumb I don't like to put any product on my roots unless specifically made for root management.

2. Get a regular trim. This is one of those rules that I wish I followed more often. With time and life it can be so difficult to get into the salon. Between washing, coloring, curling, straightening, and styling our hair takes some major everyday damage. All of this processing causes the hair to become brittle and more susceptible to damage. Getting regular trims will not only get rid of that dead weight it will give it a much healthier appearance. However, it is a myth that it will help your hair grow faster.

3. Leave it to the professionals. Unless you are licensed and experience do not, i repeat, DO NOT try to highlight, dye, or cut your hair yourself. You may think you are saving money when you do this but when you permanently damage your hair you'll think otherwise.  Also, when you could ultimately end up spending more to fix the damage you caused that what it would have been to go to the salon in the first place.

4. Change it up. Instead of wearing the same style everyday, mix it up! There are way to many cute ways to fix your hair for you to wear your hair in a ponytail everyday. Whether you mix it up with up-dos, braids, or curls, try to mix it up and change it up so you don't get stuck in a hair-rut. 

5. Take a break from the heat. Every once in a while take a break from blow drying, straightening, curling, etc. Heat is the main cause of the breakage and damage to hair. Try going a day or two going natural.  If you are daring enough go a whole week!


I hope you lovely ladies found this bit of information helpful! Happy Monday!


xoxo, Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment